Sunday, September 12, 2010

James is 15 months!

My pictures uploaded! Maybe I just need more patience.

Well, James is now 15 months. It's true what people say about how each stage just keeps getting more and more fun. We went to the doctor for James' check up and here are his stats:

Weight- 20 lb 2 oz
(Yay! We just ordered a big boy car seat!...yes, he is still in his infant seat :)
Length- 30 & 3/4 in
Head- 44 & 1/2 cm


15 month pose

I love how he crosses his feet :)
(by the way, the shirt and shorts he is wearing are size 3-6 months from gymboree...go figure!)

Other things he is doing:
Only saying 2 words accurately: Mommy and Daddy
But other words he is trying to say: Thank you "Dank do", Bible "Ba bo"...he also uses that sound for other words, so who knows, and I think he said "boo" for book today.
He signs "please" for everything...food, up on couch, go outside, open door.
He is walking much better and trying to "run" at times.
He can point to his tummy, tongue, ear, and sometimes nose.
He is working on using his fork and spoon.
He walks backwards at times.... funny to watch.
He loves scribbling outside with chalk.
He makes the silliest face that we call "crazy face" at the most random times.
(I'll post a video if I can figure it out)

Can you see the look on James' face?
He climbs up on the handle of the bottom drawer while holding on to the oven door handle. I am terrified that one day he is going to burn himself when the stove is on, so this is a big NO NO in our house. I think in his little mind, if he climbs on this handle, he will be able to reach the buttons on the microwave. I have just told him No and he is not a happy camper.


Trying to be like daddy and work on his lawn mower.


Ha... Loving that corn on the cob!

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, he is just a doll!! I know he looks mostly like you but I do see a little of Payne in him too! Well, Benaiah hit 20 lbs. at 3 months, but if it makes you feel any better and encourages you not to compare...James and Benaiah are neck-and-neck on saying words, and Benaiah turns 2 this month!!! I am sure James' please is much nicer, Benaiah has gotten so lazy, he scratches his belly for please. Even the deaf wouldn't have a clue what he is saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Can't believe how big he is getting. Can't wait to see a video!!!

    ReplyDelete