Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Turning 30


Well, I knew this day was coming. On December 17, 2010, I turned 30! Can't believe I am not a twenty something anymore. Oh well. I keep hearing that the 30's are even more fun than the 2o's so we will just see about that! Right now, I am thankful for what a full life I have already lived. I LOVE where God has brought me. I love being married to my wonderful husband, Justin. I love having a toddler and another on the way. I love having incredible family and friends. God has truly blessed me richly.

Here I am, freshly turned 30, and 14 weeks pregnant with Baby #2!

Everyone made December 17th very special for me. Here is the run-down of the day:


When I woke up, Justin had made me cinnamon rolls and there were flowers in the kitchen.
Also, "James" got me my favorite chocolates!
And, when I went to use my very dull kitchen knives, they actually cut this time!
Justin had gotten them sharpened!


After Justin left for work, my good friend, Amber, invited me over for a "playdate". Low and behold it was a mini surprise morning birthday bash with 3 or 4 friends. The ladies chatted and the kiddos played.

Thanks, Amber, for the wonderful surprise and the yummy cupcakes!
Why don't we ever have our picture taken together?


When Justin came home from work, he surprised me with special cupcakes I had been craving: Muddies! He got me six different flavors and they were all so yummy!
Thanks Justin!

James helped me blow out my candles ;)

I think James thought the cupcakes were yummy too!

Later that evening, Justin took me out to dinner at Houstons.
We had the best food and good, quiet conversation.
My sweet parents volunteered to put James to bed and stay until however late!
After dinner Justin took me shoe shopping for my birthday gift.
What a great date night :)
Again, why didn't we get a picture?????

And later that weekend, my parents, sister and brother-in-law threw me a party too!
Again, no pictures! Sad. I need to get better at this!

Thanks to everyone else for the sweet phone calls, songs, and birthday cards!
I will never forget turning the big 3-0!


2 comments:

  1. 30 sure sounds young....that's all I'm gonna say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved my 30's...I'm just a lot less stupid and a lot more grateful! Happy belated bday, Mandy, you look great. YOu are pretty enough to be in movies.

    ReplyDelete