Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ashland, Ohio (part 4)


I am almost through posting my Ohio pictures.  But this post is the most important of all!  It is the whole reason we went to Ashland.  We had the honor of watching my dad graduate from Ashland Theological Seminary where he was hooded as a Doctor of Ministry in Formational Counseling.  

Formational Counseling combines Biblical and clinical counseling, spiritual direction, and formational (or healing) prayer.  My dad had to write a dissertation where he focused on the development of a healing prayer model teaching an individual to attune to the Holy Spirit's truth in the present moment to overcome lie-based thinking.  Wow!  I was thoroughly impressed!  So were his examiners!  

Dad, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments.  I have seen you work so hard to get where you are right now.   It's so neat to see the paths God takes you on to get you where HE wants you!  I am looking forward to see what God has in store for you next!  LOVE YOU!

The program.  My dad is William M. Bellican, second from the top!


Almost there...!


Dad being hooded.


It is finished!!!  What a great feeling!


Both James and cousin Anthony wanted to sit in Meme's lap during the two hour ceremony.


James loves Anthony and would just stare at him :)


A hug from Michelle :)


Cute married couple!  Can't believe a year has already gone by!


A hug from Melanie and Anthony :)


Proud Papa with James


Family picture with Dad.  Love the hat!
(you can tell that James is losing it!... need that nap!)


Ahh... at last.  The car ride to the restaurant!  Both James and little Lucas fell asleep quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Great explanation of your Dad's doctorate (did you get any help with that??) and congrats to him. I'm glad you guys were able to be there with them on that special occasion.

    ReplyDelete