Sunday, August 15, 2010

Father's Day in Memphis


On the evening of Father's Day, we were back in Memphis, and we had my family over to our house to celebrate some more!  



Well, if any daughter took exactly after her father, it's ME!!!
I definitely resemble my dad in looks.
We both move at an extremely slow pace!  Haha.
(some of you know all too well)
We drive slow
We walk slow
We think slow
We talk slow
We are also both pretty corny at times :)



BUT...

I also picked up a good many traits from my dad that I sure do appreciate.
He has always been a godly example that I have tried hard to imitate.
My dad is one of the most patient men you will ever meet.
My dad always thinks the best of everyone.
My dad knows how to love unconditionally.
My dad is not afraid to show emotion.
My dad always told his daughters how much he loved them and how much he was (and is) proud of them.
My dad turns to the Lord first in all situations.
My dad taught me how to pray and modeled prayer on a daily basis.

I want to be that kind of parent to my children.
Thanks Dad for all that you taught me.
I LOVE YOU!


Papa with James.
James loves his Papa and gives hugs, and stares, and leans toward him all the time!

"ooohh, you are going to let me play with your phone??"

Meme playing with James!

Grandad and Billie came to join in the fun.

I realize that I am getting more detailed in my blogging recently and consequently did not tribute my mom and mother-in-law on Mother's Day like I did my dad, father-in-law, and Justin.  
No worries!  Birthdays and other holidays are just as good as any time! 


1 comment: