Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's Almost Time!


Once I made it to week 36 in my pregnancy, I just couldn't believe the time to have Reese was almost here. My nurses and doctors were impressed I had made it that far, and my doctor decided not to push it much longer. Still too much risk involved in waiting over a weekend, so at 36 weeks and 3 days, Friday May 27th, we were ready to have the C-Section! What an incredibly exciting time. My bed rest had come to an end, and soon we would be home!!! And we would have our precious little girl that we waited so patiently for.

36 week Belly Picture


James was so interested. He kept pointing to my belly saying "baby" :)


Friday, May 27th is here!
Showered and waiting to be prepped for my C-Section.


Final Belly Picture
36 weeks and 3 days
(always a bitter-sweet moment)


One last time monitoring the baby's heart beat and my contractions. My contractions were 3-4 minutes a part, and my doctor said that even if we hadn't scheduled the C-section for that day, we would be having the baby any way!


My sweet husband spent the night in the hospital with me that last night and prayed a beautiful prayer to the LORD that morning. We were READY!
(Um...and for everyone who knows Justin, yes, he had his little notebook in hand, writing down each and every detail of the day! I just love that!)


One last time seeing my parents before surgery!
Sweet Reese is about to meet the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment