Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reese is Here!


Our C-section was scheduled for Friday, May 27th at 12:00 pm. We got wheeled back to the operating room at 12:05. Justin had to sit in the "Daddy Seat" outside the O.R. while I got my spinal and got ready for the surgery. Justin got to come in to be with me at 12:24...yes, he has written every little time down in his notebook :) And Reese Laney Payne was born at 12:28 pm! Everything went so quickly! I was so nervous the entire time, but the doctors and Justin made me feel better.




So sweet. She was looking really healthy at this point. They weighed her at 6 lbs and 4 oz. She measured 18 3/4 inches long.


Even though I was so sad not being able to hold her, I was so happy Justin got to! We are very proud parents!


At about 12:50, Reese was taken to the nursery. She seemed to be doing great and her breathing was steady so far. Around 1:15, Justin was able to get the family and bring them to the window to see her!


Here is James in his "Big Brother" T-shirt (Thanks Amber!). He knows something is going on that has to do with a "baby", but he is really just along for the ride! What a sweet, flexible big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment