Friday, August 5, 2011

My Sweet Family


My family was so incredibly helpful during my hospital stay. The biggest worry of mine was James needing to be cared for while Justin was working. My family stepped in so fast, I didn't have to worry long. Not only did everyone take care of James, they made it to where he had so much fun while still staying on a schedule!

My twin sister, Melanie, has two boys and my parents brought them in town one week. They, along with my sister, Michelle, took the three kiddos to the zoo. Anthony, James, and Lucas had the best time!


Meme helped Lucas see the animals, while Papa helps Anthony.


Now Papa has Lucas :)
(I bet there was a lot of switching around!)


Michelle helped James look over the fence


These boys LOVED the elephants!




Break time!


Isn't this the cutest face you have ever seen?
Lucas is always smiling :)


I love this picture where James, Anthony, and Papa are holding hands as they walk through the zoo.


Not only was James taken care of by my family, but I was too!
My parents and Justin's parents all came to visit me in the hospital on Easter.
Mom got me the sweetest Easter Basket for Reese filled with lots of cool things for her.


Michelle came for Easter, but she also came quite a few other nights bringing me dinner and watching the Harry Potter movies with me! Fun times!


My sweet mom with me at Easter.
She made an incredible meal (Chicken Pot Pie) and brought it to the hospital!


The family! My parents on the left, Michelle and Josh in middle, and Justin's parents on the right.
Nonie and Pops came from Nashville to spend Easter with us. Nonie brought salad and yummy dessert to go with our Easter meal. Nonie also stayed two separate weeks at my house, taking care of James and keeping my house clean! Nonie, you have a permanent seat in our dining room now. Every time James is eating, he points to the chair beside him and says, "Nonie's seat". :)


Ok, I can't forget about my other family member, Amber! How can I not call this friend family when she comes to the hospital at 4 am to watch the Royal Wedding LIVE with me!!!?? She brought hats and pearls to wear! And then, she had to make sure she left at 6 am to get back home so that Justin could drop James off at her house! What a good friend.


My mom came to visit me many times after she got off work. She would always call to see if she could bring me a milkshake! YUM.


When mom wasn't working, she was watching James. One of his favorite things to do at Meme and Papa's house is play in the rocks.


Right before I went on bed rest, we let James sleep over at Meme and Papa's house for the very first time! Mom made him big boy bed (which is much bigger than his one at home). He did so great! He loved reading his truck book.


I am so thankful Mom offered to try out him spending the night when she did, because shortly afterward, I went into the hospital. That was just one thing I didn't have to worry about, because I knew James slept great at Meme and Papa's! It was so nice to have Justin stay overnight in the hospital with me a few times ;)

Again, thank ALL OF YOU for your help and support taking care of my family during that crazy time!



No comments:

Post a Comment