Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My New Business: Thirty-One Gifts


I LOVE being a stay at home mom, and I will as long as I can.  And I wouldn't trade Justin teaching and coaching at ECS, because he LOVES his job, and I believe that is sooo important.
But with just one teacher salary, it's sometimes difficult to make ends meet, do little extras, and put money into savings.  I was really praying about finding a part time job, especially with knowing next year I would not be coaching track and receiving income from that.  As I prayed, a few things fell into my lap suddenly.  I looked into them and realized that some of them would be over-night work, and others would be jobs that I would have to consistently pay sitters to watch the kids while I worked, which completely defeats the purpose of working.  

But then I was introduced to Thirty-One.  It is a direct sales company that sells unique gifts that are beautiful and functional, mostly consisting of totes, purses, thermals, wallets, and home/office organizational items.  





I realized I could have flexible hours and work on my own time.  I could do as little or as much as I wanted.  When Justin got home from work, I could go to someone's house, show and sell, and at the same time, have fun and laugh with other women.  Each get-together has always provided me with some time away from the house, and I get paid!

Another reason I really love the company is because Thirty-One gives to different non-profit organizations including:


And the company also got it's name from Proverbs 31.  The woman in this chapter of the Bible is dearly loved and respected by her family.  She manages her home and property with kindness and integrity.  She has good business skills and wants to take care of her family as best she knows how.  She desires to follow God's ways and serve others.  

SO!  I have begun my adventure!
Thanks to all my family and friends who have watched my kids, hosted get-to-get-togethers, and supported me in my new business!

And you can always check out my webpage:  www.mythirtyone.com/Mandypayne/





No comments:

Post a Comment