Thursday, August 15, 2013

Two and Four


Sometimes it's hard to believe I have a two year old and a four year old.




I feel so blessed.  Now don't get me wrong, some days are absolutely awful...breaking up fights, constant discipline and training, lots of tears (mostly mine:)...etc.  But other days, God blesses me with the beauty of what it means for me to be able to stay at home with these kids, and watch them grow up every minute of the day!  I just love it!  I love the way they communicate with each other and how James knows exactly what Reese is saying (when I can't figure out one word!).  I love seeing James teach Reese.  I love seeing Reese's independence coming out (well, sometimes :).  I love hearing them pray.
God is so good to help me get through the tough times, and shower me with precious, little family moments I wish I wouldn't ever forget :)

Love those silly faces;)

I knew the end of May was going to get crazy with 3 birthdays!  
(Justin- May 25th, Reese- May 27th, James- May 28th)
So I took the kids a couple weeks early to their wellness checkup.

The kids wait in the lobby and play with trains until we get called to the back.

I was so fearful this time, because at the last appointment, James was awful!  He was so scared of everything.  He wouldn't get on the scale or get measured.  And he of course loses it when the shot nurse comes out.  Dr. Julie Ware, our amazing pediatrician,  has a way about her that somehow calms James down.  She can actually work with him and check him out without too much whimpering.

BUT!  At THIS appointment, James was wonderful!  I reminded James that he needed to show Reese how to do everything.  He hopped up on the scale to get weighed.  So she did too.  He stood perfectly still against the wall to be measured.  So she did too.  He let Dr. Ware check him out, so Reese did too. It was a pretty amazing appointment.  And the shots weren't that bad either!  Yay!

Their Stats:
James at age 4 weighs 35 1/2 lbs and is 41 inches tall.
Reese at age 2 weighs 23 1/2 lbs and is 32 inches tall.

Hopefully each time will get easier and easier.  Wondering how it will go taking 3 soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment